Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My short story!


                                                          The Time I Went to the Circus

One morning when I was about seven years old my sister and I woke up and realized it was a school day, and we hadn’t been woken up so we ran into my parents’ room to find my mother asleep. We both woke her up and asked why she hadn’t woken us up for school. Then my dad walked in and they told us that they had a surprise for us; they were taking us to the circus! My sister and I were so happy we could barely contain our excitement.  We drove to the First Mariner Arena where it was going to be held. The show began with lots of very beautiful black and some white horses, the horse handler had them trot around the ring a few times and then they did tricks like standing on their hind legs and bowing. The second act was with tigers, the handler had them stand up on stools jumping from each stool to another and a few jumped through the rings of fire, it was kind of scary for us but it was also one of the coolest acts. The third act was with the clowns, the clowns went into a giant wheel that they did tricks in, they also did and act where they went up and down off diving boards onto a trampoline; doing back flips and landing on their backs and just being funny. The third and final act was by far my favorite, this act had an elephant in it, it probably the biggest thing I had ever seen in my life. A woman rode on top of her doing tricks on the elephant’s back. The woman also had the elephant do a few tricks, one of the tricks was the woman had the elephant lay down and then the woman sat on her back and the elephant stood up and went on its hind legs with the woman still on her back. By the end of the show we had gotten pictures of the show and a bunch of souvenirs to take home. It was one of the best days of my life.
      I think that my story is good because it has excitement and surprise in it. The story ends with my sister and I getting one of the best surprises ever and we had a great day. I chose this story because this was probably the best day of my life when I was little, I told everyone where I went and what I had seen that day. I think in order for a story to be good it has to be somewhat real. The story needs to have life in it and it has to draw the reader in and make them want to read more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment